Michigan Wolverines basketball coach Juwan Howard continues to work it on the recruiting trail. One of his top 2022 point guard targets, Dug McDaniel, has now set a visit to U-M and will see the campus soon.
McDaniel has said he wanted to see schools before he pledged. Now he’ll get his chance.
“McDaniel has set an official visit to Michigan for the first week in June,” Rivals.com’s Jamie Shaw reports. The Team Takeover point guard led his team to three victories in two days by a combined total of 93 points.
McDaniel and Team Takeover have advanced to the Elite Eight at the Hoop Group’s Pitt Jam Fest.
Latest On Hoops Recruiting | Hot Board: Guards & Wings
Dug McDaniel, a top Michigan Wolverines prospect in 2022, will visit in June (Team Takeover)
Click the image to sign up for TheWolverine.com, free for 60 days!
The standout point guard comes from the same AAU program as U-M freshmen Terrance Williams and Hunter Dickinson.
“It’s gone very well. I’m still in contact with them a lot,” he told us in February of his relationship with Michigan coaches. “I talk to Coach [Juwan] Howard probably twice a week, and coach [Phil] Martelli texts me every day.
“I really like their style of play. They are very point guard-oriented, let the point guard control a lot of things.”
Watch for more on this development in the hours to come.
• Talk about this article inside The Fort
• Watch our videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel
• Listen and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
• Learn more about our print and digital publication, The Wolverine
• Sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts
• Follow us on Twitter: @TheWolverineMag, @Balas_Wolverine, @EJHolland_TW, @AustinFox42, @JB_ Wolverine, Clayton Sayfie and @DrewCHallett
• Like us on Facebook